Senior Software Developer
Broker X is set out to revolutionize the Energy Community – we are building a first-of-its-kind cloud-based platform for energy brokers and suppliers.
Who we are:
Our team has deep expertise in energy, technology, business optimization, and entrepreneurship. We are passionate about building scalable software-as-a-service platforms, empowering businesses to embrace new business models in the age of digital disruption.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer with strong analytical skills, willingness to learn and grow their skill set and be comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment. We are looking for a team player with good interpersonal skills, preferably with prior startup experience.
You will be responsible for contributing to product architecture, feature design, and will be encouraged and supported in using best practices for building a quality product on a predictable schedule.
In this role, you will have a real opportunity to shape a new service, while being exposed to the latest technologies in agile, flexible, and fun work environment.
You are creative, resourceful, possess a strong sense of engineering quality and take pride in your code.
- Experience building MVC web applications using Rails, Django, or similar web framework.
- Experience building rich client side SaaS products with modern web technologies and tooling.
- Strong working knowledge of designing relational data models and SQL using Postgres or similar DBMS
- Experience building infrastructure-as-code cloud architecture on AWS/Azure/Google a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done.
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Technologies we currently use:
Ruby, Python, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, ActiveMQ, AWS, Terraform, Ansible.